1. I should have a new review up the earliest next weekend. If not then, then definitely the weekend after.
2. The focus of the site will always be on classic, cult, obscure and rare horror and exploitation and as well other shocking cinema and new indie stuff. I’ll be covering more mainstream new releases than I did before though as I’m more open to it now as I feel I should be commentating on the current state of genre cinema and I think I was being short sighted neglecting modern horror. I won’t be covering every single new release I’ll just be focusing on what I think is relevant.
3. I’m moving to a new rating system of a score out of a possible five with half points. No film will ever receive the full five marks, as it’s what I will give it out of five. The highest a film will be rated will be ****1/2 out of ***** and the lowest a film will be rated will be * out of *****.
4. When I start a new e-mail account for Cinematic Shocks, I’ll be accepting review submissions from PR companies and independent filmmakers again. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME SCREENERS NOW. WHEN I POST THE NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS THAT IS WHEN YOU SEND ME YOUR FILMS/SHORT FILMS.
5. When I have new e-mail address, I’m also looking to get into link exchanges. So, if you have a website or a blog and are interested in some cross promotion get in touch then.
6. I have a new section on the blog called Feature Reviews. It’s self-explanatory, as all my reviews that are at least double the length of my minimum 1000 words, will go in here.
7. I’m hoping to get some new banners sorted out for the relaunch.
See you all soon,